Mountant Media To Minimise Photobleaching
Problems with photobleaching of dyes used in your fluorescence microscopy?
We can help! Citifluor, A Division of Electron Microscopy Sciences, has developed a range of antifadent mounting media which greatly reduce the fading of the fluorescence of fluorochromes or fluorescent dyes used for labelling biological specimens.
The use of labelled proteins, antibodies, etc., in which the label is a fluorescent dye (e.g.introduced by using FITC, TRITC etc.) is at the heart of the technique of immunofluorescence.
Quality and Availability
We have been producing high quality antifadent solutions for minimising Photobleaching both as hardening and non hardening mountants, for over 25 years for many clients world-wide: hospitals, research institutes, path labs, universities, medical centres and forensic labs.
All our antifadent solutions/photobleaching solutions products are regularly tested and found to be of consistent high quality and mostly out-perform other commercial products in their anti-bleaching capacity. They are safe to handle, being of very low toxicity and non-irritant.
Citifluor mountant media are proving of value in many areas of the Biological Sciences such as Plant Sciences, Limnology, Bacteriology, Histology, Immunochemistry, Neurology and Oceanography.
They are used in many analysis techniques such as immunofluorescence, epifluorescence microscopy, confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) and total internal reflection microscopy (TIRF), as well as fluorescence hybridisation (FISH) and Catalysed Reporter Deposition coupled with FISH (CARD FISH). More…
- Many of our products are designed for routine applications where consistent quality and low cost are essentials. The fact that many pathology laboratories place standing orders for large volumes is testimony to the quality and the “value for money” afforded by these products. For users ordering AF1 solution in bulk the cost is much lower. No other commercially available antifadent matches this price thus making us undoubtedly the most cost effective supplier of anti-bleaching agents.
- Being a small company we can react to request quickly e.g. requests for quotations for supplying solutions in larger-than-normal packaging such as 500ml quantities.
- All our solutions and reagents are prepared by a qualified (Chartered) chemist.
- All our solutions are prepared in the US.
- Our High Refractive Index mountants are unique. There are no other commercially available mountant solutions having a refractive index which match glass and enable visualisation at such depths within a sample. What can lead to erectile dysfunction in men
As a post-doc in London, I was really impressed with Citifluor. Now I’m back in the US, starting my own lab and can’t find anything as good.
Dept. of Biology, Reed College, Portland